Take the test and submit it online after you have paid and downloaded your instructional materials.
You need a score higher than 80% to pass.
A certificate will be issued and mailed to you after you pass the test. If you don't pass the test the first time, you can retake it one more time with no extra charge.
1. The practice of Massage Therapy in Florida is regulated by:
a. The Florida Administrative Code
b. The U.S. Congress
c. The Florida Statutes
d. The Florida State Association of Massage Therapist
e. Both a and c
2. The practice of Massage Therapy in Florida is regulated because:
A. The U.S. Congress deems that massage is potentially dangerous
B. Massage schools demanded that their graduates be supervised
C. The public needs to be protected from unqualified practitioners
D. None of the above
E. All of the above
3. According to the Florida Statutes' definition of the profession, a massage therapist is licensed, among other things, to:
a. Open a Massage establishment with no further requirements
b. Make spinal adjustments under the supervision of a chiropractor
c. Provide Manual Lymph Drainage and Shiatsu treatments
d. Apply colonic irrigation or electrical stimulation after receiving proper training
4. Health professionals whose practice may include massage (doctors, nurses) require a Massage Therapy license before they receive any monetary compensation for providing massage.
5. The Board of Massage Therapy's functions are:
a. To enforce laws, rules and regulations pertaining to massage practice
b. To enforce the code of ethics for massage therapists
c. To propose new laws regarding licensure
d. None of the above
e. All of the above
6. Any person in Florida is qualified for licensure as massage therapist if:
a. Is at least 17 years, has a high school diploma and has studied massage
b. Is older than 18 years, has completed a course in an approved massage school and has passed the required examination
c. Has completed a 500-hour course at any massage school in the country
d. Has completed an apprentice program that meets the standards of the Board of Massage with no need to take an examination
e. All of the above
7. A massage therapist needs to renew the massage therapy license every even-numbered year in September.
8. If a massage therapy establishment is located in a building with multiple businesses, toilet facilities must have available within ______.
a. 300 ft
b. 500 ft
c. 500 yds
d. 1,000 ft
e. Any of these
9. Massage Therapists must:
a. Carry a copy of their current license on their person at all times while providing professional care
b. Conspicuously display a current license only at the primary location at which they practice
c. Provide their current license immediately upon request
d. Conspicuously display a current license at each location at which they practice
10. How many credits (hours) of continuing education needs a person who was licensed 10 months before license renewal deadline?
11. According to the Florida Administrative Code, Chapter 64B7, which of the following constitute misconduct:
b. Breach of confidentiality
c. Failure to explain expected draping techniques to a client
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
12. The following course(s) are mandatory for a person who is renewing a license for the first time (mark more than one if necessary)
a. Prevention of Medical Errors
b. AIDS and CPR
c. Ethics, CPR and Law
d. Prevention of medical errors and ethics
e. Laws and Ethics
13. Appropriate draping of a client shall include draping of the buttocks and genitalia of all clients, and breasts of female clients, unless the client gives specific informed consent to be undraped.
14. Rule 64B-5.002, of the Florida Administrative Code refers to the CEbroker tracking system (definitions)
15. As of March 15, 2005 it is mandatory by statute and rule that all approved providers must electronically submit their course and program information through CE Broker.
16. As of July 2012, the Florida Board of Massage no longer requires Massage Therapists to complete a continuing education course for HIV/AIDS as part of the continuing education licensure renewal.
17. The Board of Massage allows that licenses for operation of a massage establishment may be transferred from one owner to another
18. All continuing education providers must:
a. Electronically submit their program information through the Department of Health CE tracking system (CEbroker)
b. Be licensed by the Florida Board of Massage
c. Offer courses online as well as live courses
d. Electronically file the roster of participants in their classes
e. All of the above except C
19. Licensees may not self report any CE hours earned electronically to the Cebroker
20. If the licensee wants to be a qualified practitioner, he or she should take more than just the required credits for renewal of their license.
PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Your professional license number?
Your telephone number?
Your complete address?
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
How do you prefer to receive your certificate?
By regular mail only
Thanks for taking the test!
21. YOUR ORDER NUMBER
Please add your order number. You will find it in the verification email that you received after you purchased the class.
For security purposes, we ask that you enter the security code that is shown in the graphic. Please enter the code exactly as it is shown in the graphic.